My Blog List

Friday, April 8, 2011

Political for a Moment

I promise that I will not rant and rave about the election for the next year and a half.  But I just gotta say this and get it off my chest. 

What is the United States coming to, considering Donald Trump as a candidate for the Republican party??  He is definitely no idiot, that is for sure.  I mean, he didn't get where he is today by being a moron.  I'm not saying he doesn't have any good ideas to fix this mess we're in (which cannot be blamed entirely on any one person). 

It's just....well.....REALLY??? 

The thought crossed my mind that if we move to Mexico I may pay less attention to politics and have a calmer spirit as a result.  Then I remembered that their news media seems to cover the US almost as much as their own country.  What's a free-spirited, bleeding heart, worry wart like me to do?

Take up yoga, perhaps.

That's the ticket.  I'll "Om" my way to a peaceful mind and a regular heartbeat.  The Donald will NOT get me riled up, like he did when he got in those childish spats with Rosey O'Donnell and Martha Stewart.  Naughty, naughty, Big Ego Guy who is seriously at number two on the list of preferred Republican candidates as of yesterday.  Seriously.

Oh well.  That's all for today.  In with the good, out with the bad.  Namaste, my friends.

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! When we lived in the States, I would get ticked off at all of the politicians. Republicans and Democrats alike. I thought the whole politics thing wouldn't bother me once I moved to Mexico. Boy, was I wrong! :)

    When the news, whether it be politics or just plain bad news, gets to me, I stop watching for awhile and I don't read the news online either.

    Namaste, amiga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch/listen/read the news from Mexico or the States. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing because sometimes I feel disconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you both have made a solid point. When the news stresses me out, it's time to take a break and turn it off!

    ReplyDelete